Hi! I’m Kristine and it’s so nice to meet you! I’m so thrilled that you could stop by my little blog here. Wanted to introduce myself and share a bit about me. In addition to blogger, the many hats I wear are wife to Dave, mom of two girls (Haley, 21 and Michaela, 10), holistic health coach, environmentalist, animal activist and a vegan. I’ve also battled manic depression and alcohol and am living a free life now. You can read my story here.
I started this blog in April of 2o17 as a platform for my new health coaching business and have caught the blogging bug. I did attempt a blog about two years ago that went absolutely nowhere. At the time it just wasn’t in me. But now I can’t learn enough and I am having so much fun with this! Things are falling into place and I couldn’t be happier.
Now just to get to know me a little better I’ve made a list of 10 things most people don’t know about me, yet, just to give you an idea as to what I’m all about. 🙂
- I thoroughly enjoy watching Bob Ross’s Joy of Painting. Dave thinks I do it to annoy him but I really love watching him turn a blank canvas into a stunning oil painting in 20 minutes. He’s amazing with his “happy little trees” and all.
- My girl crush is Nicole Curtis from Rehab Addict on the DIY channel. Love this woman! She’s so incredibly talented how she takes these dilapidated houses and restores them to their original glory. One of my bucket list items is to buy a Victorian home to restore myself.
- I despise reality TV shows. 90% of them aren’t even real! Just a bunch of made up drama. When I do watch TV it’s always the History or Science channels or reruns of Friends. That show never gets old!
- I’ve been vegan since June of 2014 and I love it! That’s where the animal activist in me comes from. Once I learned about factory farming, that was it. No more meat and dairy for this girl!
- I have a serious magazine addiction. 26 Subscriptions and I didn’t pay more than $2 for some and the rest were free. And they’re not small time magazines either. I receive BH&G, Real Simple, Time, Good Housekeeping & Redbook, just to name a few.
- Got my bellybutton pierced at 37. Early mid-life crisis of sorts. I’m 45 now though so I do wear it any more.
- Right now one of my five year goals is to get my masters in nutrition. Although, 5 years is a long time so that could change.
- I moved in with Dave after knowing him for only a week. Thank goodness for good, strong intuition! 17 Years and a 10 year old later and we’re still together. Somehow I just knew I wasn’t moving in with some weirdo.
- I love polar bears and I want to see one in the wild, not some zoo, before they go extinct or before I die. Which ever comes first. And with global warming I think I have more time than them. 🙁 This is another bucket list item.
- And finally, I’m a lover AND a fighter! I overcame two debilitating illnesses, manic depression and alcohol abuse, and have come out on top. No meetings needed! 🙂
So that’s me and if you’ve made it this far, a huge THANK YOU! Thank you stopping by and please hang out for a bit and look around. Also I love to get mail! Drop me a line and introduce yourself. The emails will be read and answered.
Thanks again for reading and I hope to hear from you soon. Till next time!
P.S.- One more thing, if I can answer any questions regarding manic depression or alcohol, please feel free to ask. If I can’t answer your question I will direct you to someone that can.
Being healthy doesn’t have to be hard. Just ask me how. Fill out the form below to schedule a FREE, NO OBLIGATION consultation.