Our country is in the middle of an epidemic. 70% of Americans are overweight or obese. Of that 70%, 40% are children! There are more overweight or obese children than there are adults afflicted. There is something seriously wrong with this. We’ve gotten away from real whole foods in exchange for convenience food in a box or picked up at the drive-thru. We know we should be eating better but with our busy lives it’s just easier to pick up that dinner at KFC on the way home. No cooking. No dishes. Easy.
Well guess what? With a little prep work on the weekends, dinner every night can be easy and healthy. And I can show you how. The diabetes and heart disease rates are skyrocketing! We have sugar, the most addictive substance on the planet, in 90% of the food on the shelves of supermarkets. A jar of Prego spaghetti sauce has more sugar in it than two Oreo cookies! This way of eating needs to stop. For the sake of our children, and ourselves, we need to smarten up and start taking care of ourselves. We, as women, are so caught up in taking care of everyone else we often overlook our own self-care.
- Are you looking for better health and more energy?
- Are you seeking to lose or gain weight and with all the hype on diets, just don’t know where to start?
- Do you want to learn to make sound, nutritional choices?
- Do you have nutritional goals you would like to achieve?
- Overwhelmed by stress from work or relationships?
- Want to feel great in your body and mind?
- Finally, are you ready for change?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions then a Holistic Health Coach may be just what you need.
I practice a holistic approach to achieving health and wellness. Simply put, we look at how all areas of your life are connected. Is there stress in your relationship(s) or at work that’s causing you to turn to food? Does lack of energy or sleep keep you from your daily workout? Tired of those afternoon cravings? During our work together, we’ll look at how all aspects of your life affect your health as a whole.
As your Health Coach, I will listen carefully and we’ll navigate the contradictory world of nutrition and health advice together to find what truly works for you.
Here are some concepts we’ll cover during our time together:
- Primary Foods: It’s not just the food we eat that nourishes us. A fulfilling career, healthy relationships, regular physical activity and a spiritual practice are also necessary forms of nourishment.
- Bio-Individuality: One person’s food is another person’s poison. In other words, no one diet works for everyone because each of us has unique lifestyle and food needs.
- Crowding Out: Instead of giving you a list of foods you can and can’t eat, you “crowd out” the unhealthy foods in your diet. By making healthier choices in what you eat and drink you will naturally have less room, and cravings, for the unhealthy foods.
- Food Journaling: Keeping a food journal is an essential part to any weight loss, or gain, regimen. It holds you accountable; can show what’s missing in your diet, or what you need more of; can help you plan meals; keeps you on track.
- Integrative Nutrition Plate: The Integrative Nutrition Plate was designed by the Institute for Integrative Nutrition to highlight the importance of local and organic produce, whole grains, high quality proteins, plant-based fats and water. Something our own USDA dietary guidelines fail to do.
Together we will:
- Connect the dots between who you are and who you want to be
- Create your personal blueprint
- Decipher your body’s unique needs
- Set your personal goals and work towards sustainable change
So if you think a Holistic Health Coach is for you and you’re ready for some serious change, or if you just have any questions, please fill out the contact form below and I will respond within 24 hours. Your body and mind will thank you for it!
To see a list of programs and fees click here.